My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, visit
http://www.karamayphotography.com/blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

{Tea Party, Baby Dolls & Tutu's!}

It was so fun doing a session with 2 sisters! I love all my sessions, each one has it's own style, flare, personality and feel. And this session I was able to make everything so 'girly'! Kendall & Emily had a tea party, played in tutu's, rocked the baby in the baby cradle (not shown, oh I should've.... now I'm kicking myself) and the list goes on. Why didn't I have photo sessions like this when I was young? ;-) Anyway, Kendall, the oldest, was so good with her little sister Emily. She knew just what to do to make her sister comfortable. We found that Emily wasn't a huge 'nature girl' - I'm sure it will grow on her in time. She didn't like the feel of grass tickling her toes, shoes solved that and Kendall was right there, helping her sister. She also was a big help with all my props...even carrying my wrought iron tea table (wow, she's little but she's strong) - very helpful.
Here's a little peek!
I thought this session would look great with an old classic vintage conversion, so I've shown samples of that conversion along with some of the color or b&w images I'm posting. :)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

20 comments:

Melissa said...

OH YES! Those are AWESOME! I wish you could be my mentor! Their parents are going to love those. Can't wait to get my own props for pics. You're an inspiration!!

Anonymous said...

LOOOOVVVEEE these! The vintage conversion are perfect. Stunning as usual Kara!

Brooke said...

these are soooo beautiful! I love little girls! makes taking pictures easy!

Julie said...

I just found your blog and I just sat here with my mouth hanging open. Oh My Gosh these are THE MOST Beautiful Photos' I have evr seen!!! You are an amzing talent... Wow. I will be checking in to see more, I'm hooked.
Thanks for sharing, julie

Anonymous said...

I'm such a blog stalker of yours. Your photographs take my breath away. You have unbelievable talent Kara! Thank you for being an inspiration.
Liz

Anonymous said...

You are amazing girl! I love these, and that chair!! You are inspirational and I love to come to your blog often. Keep up the fabulous work :)

Megan said...

Wow..amazing, every single one of them..love that sisterly bond, it really shines in these..fab job girlie girl..

Anonymous said...

Wow - STUNNING STUNNING STUNNING! I want to book a session with you, but I live so far away from where you are -- sigh...maybe someday. Save my pennies.

Sara Christine said...

These are so precious! I wish my sister and I had something like this. Love your work, it's really spectacular.

Hayley said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog :) I am so glad you did becuase, oh my goodness...I love your work...it is gorgeous!! I have been looking for an antique buggy like this for so long...having quite the time finding one. I love what you did with yours, these pics are beautiful!! Especially love the old vintage feel of your conversions :)

Unknown said...

LOVE this session, Kara! you rock!!! :)

Tanya said...

WOW!! Beautiful, beautiful images Kara!! You are such an inspiration!! I love visiting your blog.. your work is amazing!! Thank you so much for sharing!!

Have a great day,

Tanya.

Anonymous said...

These are just UNREAL! I love all of your beautiful set ups. I am so adding you to my blogroll. Amazing color in all of these.

Anonymous said...

Please tell me where oh where did you get the tea party childs table and chairs!! I have seriously been looking for this for over 2 years now! If you know could you share it w/me? Lovely amazing shots.......I love to check your blog here and there-you remind me alot of my own style...Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Hi again, just curious what vintage conversion you are using......I love it! I use the nichole v or kubota actions usually, but this one looks different, or maybe adjusted differently-I'd love your secret!
Blessings,
Angela

Anonymous said...

Hi again, just curious what vintage conversion you are using......I love it! I use the nichole v or kubota actions usually, but this one looks different, or maybe adjusted differently-I'd love your secret!
Blessings,
Angela

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hi again, just curious what vintage conversion you are using......I love it! I use the nichole v or kubota actions usually, but this one looks different, or maybe adjusted differently-I'd love your secret!
Blessings,
Angela

Kara May said...

Hey Angela - I didn't see a link on this to you so I'll just answer you here. :) The table and chairs were found at an antique store - uggg... I'm afraid that doesn't help you much :( Sorry, I would definitely scout out some antique stores if I were you though ;) Thanks!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the repeat in the comments-don't know what happened! I just came accross your blog from ETSY-I am a fellow wnaa be designer. I am a full time photographer and was interested and wow! you have a similar style as me.....it is fun to meet other moms/photographers and compare notes!
www.angelartpics.com
God bless your beautiful family