My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, visit
http://www.karamayphotography.com/blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, May 5, 2008

{One, two, three....cutie-patooties}

Okay so I'm behind on posting sneak peeks and featuring designers. I'm still playing catch-up from being gone an extra week with Brielle in the hospital. Thanks for hanging in there and being patient. Oh and for those who have e-mailed me about a session or other photogs who've e-mailed - I'm not ignoring you... I promise. I'm just swamped and have been working till past mid-night every night to get orders submitted & packaged, editing and trying to catch-up on e-mails. I will get back to you all soon ;-)

On Saturday my session was with 3 little cuties - 10 month old Harmon, 3 yr old Teige and a 5 yr old Emmeline. I love their names! So unique! And Emmeline is just as pretty as the name sounds. Harmon and Teige are all boy! Teige just couldn't get enough of pretend play, he has such a great imagination! I could tell he and his daddy play a lot of 'action' type of pretend play - again, very boy. :)
Here's a little sample of the images I captured :). (some of them called for a vintage wash with some light texture, others b&w with a touch of mocha and of course a few with my fun and funky color).
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
And their daddy is an airline pilot so check out this official pilots hat and the cool vintage plane Teige is playing with. He knew all the technical terms for each part of the plane and he knew the names of tricky cool moves the plane can do. They were all completely over my head (honestly, I hadn't even heard of over half of the terms he and his dad were using - but they sounded really cool) ;-)
Photobucket

(now with texture and a light wash....)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

15 comments:

Cyndi said...

Love the first picture, the vintage pp is gorgeous! BTW, is the dress another etsy dress? I love it!!

Caits said...

Gorgeous!!! I love the tutu pic!

Melissa said...

Those are incredible! I love how the wind is blowing the tutu! Love the vintage textures too!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous! Love the pilots hat and the petticoat! As always amazing work Kara!!

J.Stoia Portrait Design said...

Beautiful Session. I love that you showed your clients the color and vintage wash of the same image. That image would rock it out on a canvas!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous gorgeous photos! Love the colors and the personality!

Jodi Davis said...

AMAZING! They all turned out great, but I especially love the vintage one of the boy in that hat. Awesome!

nathalie bearden said...

these kids are gorgeous! and the red pettiskirt! love it! i really like the colors and textures too....not that i understand anything about them :) once again....beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Sooo, don't hate me but I tagged you for a "survey" type of thing, which you can see the details on my blog. These things are silly, but I figured why not. :o)

Anonymous said...

Kara, you do amazing work!! I've been following your work for a while and I'm finally working the nerve up to post a comment. I just wanted you to know that I love the emotion in your photos and anxiously await for your new posts.

Kristy said...

I need you to come to Utah and teach me all your photoshop tricks. Love the eyes and the textures. I just can't seem to figure them out!! Please HELP!! :0) Love your pictures, they are georgous!! I hope your little girl is feeling LOTS better..

Anonymous said...

You're just plain intimidating. Your commercial work and client sessions are stunning. We need to meet up to have you photograph my kids and designs.

Stacey said...

I saw your post on my blog so I had to check out yours...WOW!!! I love your photography. It is fantastic!! You have amazing abilities! I would love for my photos of my little guy to be the quality of yours one day. I am working with photoshop but there is so much to learn!!

Kara May said...

Thank you for you comments ;) I forgot to mention that Harmon took his first steps while pushing something (the wagon) he had never done that before - so glad both parents were there to see it! Kristy, a trip to Utah would be sooo fun - lol about your comment. Thanks for your post.

Kara May said...

Oops forgot to answer your question Cyndi. The first picture the dress (apron) is not an etsy one but rather a local boutique find ;) I'm glad you like it. I've had it for a while and forgot about it.... don't know why. I just love it though - so colorful and girly. :) Thanks!