My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, visit
http://www.karamayphotography.com/blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, April 25, 2008

{all of your thoughts and prayers are working...}

First off, you are the best! You're kind words, thoughts and prayers are hard at work and I know they are making a difference. I'm in such awe over the overwhelming support I've received - your comments, e-mails, and some wonderful surprise gifts sent to our room have just brought me to tears. You all don't know how much your friendship and support means to me and my family- thank you sooooooo much!
The doctor's at Children have come to the following conclusion - her lab results show that she has contracted Shigella (similar to E-Coli - yuck!) coupled with nephritis and HSP (the disease mentioned below). That's the reasons for her high fevers, added stomach pains, and other not so fun symptoms. Then we got the exciting news that she could leave the hospital after getting a round of antibiotics to start treating the Shigella (her HSP just has to run it's course - there's no treatment except for monitoring her kidneys with weekly urine tests and then with monthly tests)!! Brielle is coming back to her little happy-go-lucky self; she's talkative and giggling, she's walking well (although she's wobbly on her legs and has fallen more than once scaring her a bit), and she's eating & drinking more. I'm so glad to have her out of the hospital (although I'm sooooooo thankful for the wonderful care she received). And I am selfishly so happy to see things outside of little B's hospital room. We sat outside tonight just soaking up the beautiful sunset here in Arizona, then bathed and now she's soundly sleeping.
Anyway, sorry for all the details, we are just so happy to be discharged and will be heading home back to South Carolina on Tuesday! It will give Briella time to be up to traveling and if she regresses, we are close to the doctors who treated her.
Thanks again so much you all!!!! You don't know how much your words, prayers and support have meant to me and my family. I wish I could give back to you - really... it's meant the world to me. I'll hopefully be back to posting soon. It kills me not to be posting more, but I will certainly be making up for it when I get back home! :) Thank you and XOXO's to you all.

23 comments:

Jennifer said...

Kara, I'm so happy to hear that Brielle is on the mend!! What a a scary thing to go through for you all! Good luck and we'll keep the thoughts and prayers coming!!

Anonymous said...

So glad your little lady is on the mend. Still praying for you and your family. Miss your beautiful pictures but I know that you will be posting when she's better and it's so worth the wait.
XOXO
Kris

Jess said...

I had know idea glad to see you guys home.

Melissa said...

Yay, so glad to hear little B is getting better. I have been praying for her daily as God lays in on my heart to do so. It is such an overwhelming joy when, after your kids are sick and they start feeling better, they start getting their spunk back. I so LOVE seeing them return to their normal self. You can take for granted their funky little attitudes until they are sick and then you miss their craziness. So happy to hear Brielle is getting giggly again!

Thanks for the nice compliments. You don't know how much that means to me to have a pro like you compliment an amature like me. It brought a huge smile to my face. Can't wait to brag to hubs about it. LOL

Keep on keeping on, you're a huge inspiration to all!

Anonymous said...

Kara, so happy to hear B is doing much better! Get some rest! I know Tyler cannot wait for you both to come home!

Anonymous said...

Kara,
I am so glad Brielle is doing better. We will continue to keep you in our prayers!
Aimee Rogers

Tami Proffitt said...

Oh, my heart and prayers go out to you and your family!

Anonymous said...

Oh so happy that Brielle is starting to feel better. We've been praying for her and missing seeing her little sweet face on your blog. Thank you for the updates!!! Still praying for good health and complete recovery. You have been through so much. Hugs,
Kelly

Sheye Rosemeyer said...

Dear Kara
I am so thrilled Brielle is feeling better.
With love
Sheye

Beth Allums said...

So glad to hear that that sweet baby is doing better. Oh what a sigh of relief. Poor momma, I cannot imagine. You must be exhausted. I wish you a safe trip, and lots and lots of rest for all of you.
Beth

Anonymous said...

My sweet May family...I am so sorry to hear that you are all going through this. I am happy to see that B is feeling better and that you are on your way back home. We love you and you are in our thoughts and prayers. Know that we are sending mental hugs and squeezes to all 4 of you.

Much love, Clarity

Anonymous said...

Oh wonderful to hear that your sweet Briella is on the mend. What a scary ordeal you and your family have been through. God bless you all and I can't wait to see more of your breath taking posts!
- Meg

Angie Penrose said...

Oh man..poor little thing! Glad to hear she is feeling better. Thanks so much for visiting my blog! Especially when you've got so much going on. My thoughts and prayers are with you!!

Anonymous said...

Kara, we miss you! But know that we are thinking of you here in Michigan and pray for your safe trip home. Looking forward to your next post and seeing pictures from your time in Arizona :) Always checking your blog - I'm addicted!
Hugs,
**Maddie**

Anonymous said...

Kara - God bless! I just went to your blog and read up on what has happend. I can only imagine the valley of fear you all traveled to get to where you are now. So glad to read that Brielle is on her way to recovery. Prayers coming from Dacula, GA to you!

Laura (pish posh girls)

Anonymous said...

Kara - I just checked-in on your blog and read what has been going on. I can only imagine the valley of fear you all went through to get to where you are now. So glad to hear Brielle is in her way to recovery. Know that we are beefing-up the prayers for you from Dacula, GA. Take great care!
Laura

Anonymous said...

Arg! (sorry for the double post! I didn't know what I was doing :o)

Take care!
Laura

Tara Zornow, Southeast Michigan Photographer said...

Oh goodness! I'm so glad she is getting better! Your images are just beautiful, thank you so much for your comments. I will say a prayer for your beautiful little girl and your family.

Anonymous said...

Oh I could jump up and down I'm so relieved Briella is doing better. We've been praying for her and have prayer chains going in our community for her. Pray for continued healing and good health. HUGS!!!
-Paige, NY

Brooke said...

oh Im so sorry, I swear your the 3rd blog I have read about children having problems. best wishes and many prayers. It always makes you look at your life with a better perspective ...in a way can be a blessing.

Anonymous said...

Kara, I'm so happy to hear the Briella is out of the hospital and is on the road to getting better. Can't wait to see her sweetness posted on your blog again. And of course Tyler too - what a handsome little man he is.
XOX,
Ari

.E. said...

I am so happy to hear this news.. will continue to keep her in our thoughts and prayers.... No Child should ever be sick ever..No Parent should ever have that fear..I had a very sick child a few years ago..almost died from appendicitis that went as bad as possible so I know how scary all this can be... but sounds like she is well on her way to recovery. THANK GOD.

Tayasmama said...

Oh my I'm so sorry you have to go through this :( I'm glad she is getting better and I hope she is heaps better by now! big hugs and take care! You are in my thoughts!

Emily