My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, visit
http://www.karamayphotography.com/blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, March 2, 2008

{Railroad ties, a couple of adorable kids, and a furry friend}

This makes for a fun photo session! Today was gorgeous - the weather couldn't have been better for the first week of March (thankfully, since we had to post-pone this session once due to weather). These kids brought along one of their best friends - a cute dog named Riley. Riley is so special to this family and sadly suffers from severe epileptic seizures - so this was a very special photo session. I have a soft spot for dogs too so I was very excited about this opportunity. Hannah Grace was so good with the dog, hugging him and gently holding onto his leash, I couldn't resist sharing this photo of the two of them together.

Photobucket


And notice, we are on the railroad tracks. I know I mentioned in a previous post that I wasn't going to be shooting sessions on the track since I was warned by a police officer that it was 'illegal' to be on the tracks. Well, lucky for us, Hannah Grace & Ethan's father was there and he works for CSX and was even getting phone calls from the train yard warning us when a train would be coming. How cool is that?! While we were there 2 trains came by - I was in awe since I love trains and we were fairly close to them. And as one train passed us, I got an adorable shot of Ethan with a little prop I brought along. Can you guess what it is? No cheating by scrolling down.... ha, yep, vintage luggage - perfect with the little corduroy blazer he was strutting.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Watching the train go by...

Photobucket

Oh and what's says 'boy' more than paper airplanes? My son is so into making these right now I couldn't resist bringing one along today. And Ethan was in his own little world soaring it high and low, even making some killer sound effects.

Photobucket


Photobucket
Here's an image of Hannah Grace showing me some of her dance moves on the tracks. Too cute! I did an old film effect on this image...gives it a vintage, old time flair.

Photobucket


And I'll leave you with this close up of Hannah Grace - her eyes are such a beautiful contrast with her gorgeous long blonde hair. Luckly little girl...

Photobucket

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are the most beautiful images anyone has ever captured of my children. What an amazing talent you have!
--Aimee

Jennifer Anderson said...

just when i was thinking of going to the tracks myself.....see, we are too much alike!
you did an amazing!!!! job!

Anonymous said...

wow, these images are stunning! i've been in awe of your work, beautiful stories are told in each of your photographs. these blow me away!! MJ - florida

Anonymous said...

Could you mentor me for a weekend? Any trips to Ireland soon? You have a student waiting here for you. Your images are very real and inspiring.
Alex

Caits said...

This is such a cool shoot....I love it!

Kara May said...

Thanks so much for your great comments! I loved this location and I was lucky to have great subjects to photograph! Thanks again for posting your thoughts in the comments! I love getting them :)

Anonymous said...

What a sweet story about the dog. I wish I had pictures like this of my dog and kids. Beautiful post.
Mary Allen - Atlanta, GA

Caits said...

Hey Kara! You can vote until April!! Thank you so much!!!!

Unknown said...

You are so talented! I wish I could take photographs like that!!

Anonymous said...

What an amazing talent you have! I could look at your work all day. Thanks for making it available for us all to enjoy.
Jason - Dallas, Texas

Unknown said...

So cute!

.E. said...

Oh My oh My... that last shot.. WOW.. awesome.. they are all great but Hannah Grace and her missing tooth and those eyes.. wow