My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, visit
http://www.karamayphotography.com/blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, March 20, 2008

{Could it be Spring... finally?! Oh and April & May are booked}

Is it here? Is Spring really here? As I tiptoed out of my bedroom this morning before the kids woke, I realized that today is the day I've been dying for. The first day of Spring was finally here! The sun is shimmering but wow it's so windy! My hair whipped me in the face as I got out of my car and headed into the gym this morning - it didn't feel like spring, but I'm sure it will in no time!
So yesterday afternoon I took Tyler on a little mini-photo session. He gave me about 10 minutes to run to 3 locations all within 100 yards of each other so it made it pretty painless. I think Tyler has mastered his 'serious look'. What a cutie, the moment the camera comes out it's either 'serious Tyler' or 'happy smiles Tyler'. So here's a few serious and one token smiling image of my little man. I did different processing on all of them. And I used some textures to add dimension to 2 or 3 of them (you'll know which ones when you see them). ;-)
Oh and on a side note: I currently have no more openings in April or May and June is starting to fill. I also have started booking sessions for Fall. I know that seems so far away, but some people are thinking ahead and booking now (very good idea). Just so you know, this year I have a holiday order cut-off - November 16th will be the deadline. This will allow my lab time to process all your orders before the Christmas. I can't believe I'm talking about Christmas and it's the first day of Spring!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, your son is adorable! And these shots are amazing. I love your processing - absolutely gorgeous. Keep'em coming Kara.
--Rach

Caits said...

What a little stud!!!!!

I love the processing!! Where do you get your textures?

Jennifer said...

Beautiful images as always! Your little man's gonna be a heartbreaker!!

Anonymous said...

He doesn't look so much like my little boy in the 'serious' pictures anymore. Way to go Ty!
Love, Dad

Anonymous said...

Gosh girl you freakin rock_ These are soooo amazingly amazing_ You've got such a talent! Rub some of that off on me - please!

Kara May said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kara May said...

Tyler takes his mini-sessions pretty seriously - ha! Thank you for your kind words - always so encouraging. :)

Anonymous said...

Adorable - he looks like a little model. Love the outfit, love the processing, love it all

Jodi said...

I just found your blog through Elizabeth's. Love your pictures - just gorgeous stuff. I love the difference between the first and last pictures of this post - from attitude to sweet as pie. What a cutie!
And if you don't mind sharing, WHERE did you get that scooter shirt?? :)

Anonymous said...

Adorable little man you have there. My son has gotten to the point where he just simply won't look at me when I get the camera out. haha. This mini session has made me a bit envious. :o)

Tara Staton said...

Love these! He is so handsome! Do you make your own textures or do you buy them? If you don't mind me asking.

Anonymous said...

Awesome photos Kara!!

A word to Kara's potential clients: think now about the fall!!!! dates for most photographers fill up fast. I only have one session left open for the rest of the YEAR!! DO NOT WAIT UNTIL OCTOBER 1st to think about HOLIDAY photos. :-)

Brooke said...

that b and w one ROCKS! thanks for stopping by my blog ...but once i clicked on your and saw your work Im feeling like I suck hahaha. Im newer and someday will be as good :) bravo

Amy said...

WOW, your son and daughter are beautfiul, and you truly have an amazing gift of capturing them. I love all your textures that you apply, very fun!!

Anonymous said...

My sweet Kara! I love ALL your pictures. I can't believe how grown up Mr Tyler is...what a heartbreaker! We love and miss you, hugs to you and the family.

Leah said...

Just found your blog and glad I did your work is all amazing. Your kids stuff is so bright and beautiful, great composition. Senior work is great too. CAn't wait to see more, bookmarking you! May I ask what type of actions you use for your color intensity?