My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, visit
http://www.karamayphotography.com/blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, March 6, 2008

{ I've fallen in love with a sleepy little Southern town...sigh...}

I've lived in the South for about a year and a half and I finally ventured about 25 miles to Hartsville. OMG!! I fell in love! Hartsville is a quaint little town with fun little boutiques, eclectic restaurants, gorgeous tree lined streets, beautiful gardens (Kalmia Gardens), and beautiful Southern architecture. I have been meaning to go there forever and I finally popped the kids in the car and we went on a little adventure. The kids enjoyed it as much as I did - surprisingly. I couldn't resist bringing a prop or two and testing out a spot or two. Tyler wasn't feeling well, so he rested (but I did manage to get a shot of him that I'll share later). But Brielle was so in love with this 1930's vintage baby buggy I brought! Tears flowed when I told her it was time to go. She even walked further ahead of me hoping that I would just give in and she could push her baby more.

Here are just a few of the images captured from our quick jaunt to Hartsville.

Photobucket
I did some a slight cross processing on the image below - thought it gave it a little zig ;-)
Zig working?

Photobucket


A little antique coloring and texturizing to give this image a vintage feel.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket
Oh a different note - Aimee if you're reading this, your gallery is almost ready for me to publish. Thanks for holding tight :)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kara- of course I am reading your blog constantly! Thanks for letting me know about my gallery! I am soooo anxious to see the pictures! I have loved reading all the comments people have left for you. I have looked at my childrens pictures everyday, a couple times a day since you posted them. We are so glad we found you!!!
--Aimee

Anonymous said...

Kara, these are stunning!! You have a way of capturing your subjects that just blows me away. Like nothing I've seen before. Amazing talent! -Lindsay

Jennifer said...

Beautiful images, Kara! I love these! You're such an inspiration!!! I can't wait for more sunny days at our house!

Anonymous said...

Okay, your kids are just adorable (I've seen pics of your son in previous posts), your style is inspiring, and your work is absolutely amazing! Wow, Kara - you are such a talented photographer.
Tina - CA

Caitlin Domanico said...

Oh wow. How cool! I love the processing and the little buggy she's pushing. Adorable.

Anonymous said...

Oh I found another blog to stalk - simply amazing and inspirational photography! I will be visiting often.

Jennifer Anderson said...

okay....these are awesome!!! I swear Brielle does not look like she is 2 1/2!!!
love the buggy, the colors, wow!

Jennifer said...

these are absolutely gorgeous, I just love your colors! Very nice work!

Kara May said...

Wow, thank you for the wonderful comments! You all have made my day - seriously! I'm thrilled that others enjoy my work. Since it's my passion, it means a lot hearing your thoughts and feelings about my images. Thank you again :)

Anonymous said...

Umm...you are amazing Kara! I don't know what else to say. Your style is inspiring, your processing - beautiful, and your clarity is simply unbelievable!
- Lex, NY

Heather Meyers said...

the vintage one takes my breath away...... ;o)

.E. said...

oh my gosh.. these are beautiful..