My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, visit
http://www.karamayphotography.com/blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, March 22, 2008

{Fun, Fashion & Friends}

Yesterday afternoon I photographed two close friends - Megan & Jessica. They just so happen to be awesome babysitters too - my kids adore these two girls! And they were bummed to see me leave with Megan and Jessica as we ventured on our photo shoot. I have to say photographing Megan & Jessica brought me right back to my senior year in High School - the laughter, teasing, embarrassment and enthusiasm - it all came flooding back and was so surreal. The two could be sisters, they were that close - you know the type of friendship where you share make-up, do each others hair, make fun of each other yet encourage and support each other. That's the type of friendship they had and it made this session one of my favorites. I could have photographed them all night but we lost light and had to end it at some point. Anyway here's a few images from our session. I varied my editing styles since I just couldn't resist and the possibilities were pretty wide with this age group. ;-)
More to come...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

21 comments:

J.Stoia Portrait Design said...

I can't even express how excited I am that I found your blog. It is very inspiring! I LOVE the first black and white shot..those eyes are captivating!! Also cant stop staring at the image on the stairs in color... great use of space, composition and pops of color. I am your new best blog stalker!! ;)

Anonymous said...

Wow, YOU ARE SO TALENTED girl! Everytime I see your work I'm covered in goose bumps - seriously. Your work captures such emotion and intensity. LOVE LOVE LOVE these pictures. These girls are beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Wow. These are all so beautiful as are your models. Awesome job on all of these. :o)

Caitlin Domanico said...

Whoa, these girls are so cute!!!!!!!

I love the one in the chair.

Tara Staton said...

OMG that chair is amazing! Love it! Thanks for the reply on my blog!

Anonymous said...

Wow, wow, wow. Kara, these are beautiful. Love your clarity and color - beautiful!!
Lex

Caitlin Domanico said...

That does help! I have NO idea how to make them...I've only being using photoshop for a few months (imagine that!). I will check out those sites, and maybe beg my mother in law to teach me (graphic designer)!

Caitlin Domanico said...

So...you're my HERO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you!!!!

.E. said...

these are beautiful I absolutely love the one with the chair..e

Kara May said...

You guys are the best!! Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. Encourages me to 'keep on bloggin' :) These girls were such fabulous models, we had a blast! Thanks again for your comments!

Anonymous said...

Oh my... stunning work! I found your blog through a link on Tarah's site. After seeing your work, I'm a HUGE fan and will be visiting often! Such inspiration
--Andy

Rachel Brooke said...

absolutely gorgeous...

Toni said...

love these!!! so great! the eyes are so captivating in the first one!!!!

Jeana Bird said...

So inspiring. I LOVE your work and these photos are incredible...you can do it all. I love #3!! but all of them are AMAZING. Also, thanks for visiting my blog.

Anonymous said...

These are just gorgeous- I esp. love #3 + #5. :)

Anonymous said...

Kara!
You did an amazing job! I was blown away by each and everyone. Just awesome!

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog via Amy Wenzel's, and wow, I am blown away by your talent. Thanks for posting such beautiful work!

audrey habeck said...

these girls are beautiful! awesome work Kara! I love it! I'll keep checking out your blog! Thanks for the post the other day!

Julie said...

Hi Kara! I just stumbled across your blog and wanted to say how gorgeous your images are. Keep up the good work!

Jess said...

Love that chair and your header is amazing!

nathalie bearden said...

this is just amazing. i keep coming back to see your work. i can't believe my eyes! the black and white chair is inspiring. what gorgeous girls too.