My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, visit
http://www.karamayphotography.com/blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, January 6, 2008

{Spin Cycle...}

I have been dying to photograph my kids in a Laundromat. I know it sounds strange, odd, weird...I get it. But it's been something that I've been dying to do since I moved here. Laundromats have such atmosphere - so vintage, grunge & now. Anyway, I asked Tyler if he wanted to do anything special for this mini-photo session and he excitedly said, "I want spiky hair - and a Mohawk!”. I was actually all for it- but only since this is a photo session (not an everyday, go out in public type of request). He was due for a haircut so his hair was actually a great length for this particular look. And Brielle, my feisty little one, was miss independent there. She didn't listen to me as I motioned her my way {surprise, surprise} and she proudly pushed her laundry cart all over the room as if she owned the place. I truly dread her teen years {shrug} ;-) Anyway, this was something fun, something different and something that was screaming for a vintage cross-processed look. Thanks for checking my blog out!
Side Note: Don't be a stranger; feel free to let me know you were here by saying hi in a 'comment'. You don't have to have an account with Blogger even though that's what it looks like when you initially try to comment. I've had a lot of e-mails saying comments couldn't be written because the viewer didn't have an account... you don't need one... trust me. :) Thanks!










5 comments:

Jennifer said...

I absolutely LOVE these Kara!!!! What a great, creative idea and the pping looks AWESOME!!!!

Jennifer said...

I absolutely LOVE these Kara!!!! What a great, creative idea and the pping looks AWESOME!!!!

Tater & Haley said...

Kara,
What great pictures and processing! We are beginning our photography adventure and have come across your blog recently. We love your style and creativity. Don't worry, we love the laundromat idea. :) Please feel free to check out our website at www.capturingroots.com
Keep up the great work!!!

Kara May said...

Thank you so much Tater, Haley & Jennifer! So nice to hear from some of my viewers! Thanks for looking and taking a moment to comment! :)

Anonymous said...

WOW!! I absolutely love it! So creative, who would have thought to take pic at the Laundry Mat. You're style is beautiful and unique. Tyler & Brielle are getting so big. Next time you are all in AZ I'd be interested in booking a session if possible.

~Kassie May